How to Change Group License Assignment
Some of Microsoft office 365 licenses are capped up-to 300 , you can not buy more than 300 ( for example – Microsoft 365 Apps for business ). If you have more than 300 users, then you need to buy another license and change the assignment for group. It is recommended to assign licenses to group and add/remove members in that group.
Here we already have a group “Nurses UK” and have been assigned “Microsoft 365 Apps for business” License but now this group has more than 300 members so we bought new license “Office 365 E3”. We will change license assignment for the group.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using a Global administrator or License administrator.
- Select Azure Active Directory —> Groups, and Search for group then select group you want to change the license.
- Select Licenses.
- Select the Assignments to assign the new license to this group
- Clear the check box for Microsoft 365 Apps for business.
- Select the check box for Office 365 E3.
- Select Save
Its better Reprocess the licenses once you change group license.